View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 05:01 PM   #2460
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban and DP seem to have a friendship that goes beyond basketballs normal owner/player relationship. That doesn't mean Cuban vetos deals to keep a buddy. The issue is that NO ONE wants Powell. We are probably the only team who would have given him 10+m. We did what we do, whixh is out bid ourselves. Several guys on the team now are in that boat and Messley Mathews was too. Did he get a little more than he should have because of that relationship or was it because he did show moments of promise toward the end of his contract year and he's a damn good dude in general? Probably a little of both.

Cuban just ok'd a deal for McGee to start here to begin the season. I'm not giving my best friends role away to McGee in a promised role if that relationship mattered more than trying to win and improve. Cuban knows that if he traded him, DP would go hug him and say "I understand, no hard feelings, good luck, ill call you". That's how good of a guy DP seems to be. It doesn't make him a great basketball player but I'm betting Cuban isn't passing up a good chance to improve if a deal involves Powell. There's just no teams who think Powell is more than a decent back up or salary match fodder.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-20-2023 at 05:03 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote