View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #97
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
While I'll admit that soft is a catch phrase often used to described white/euro players you rarely hear them called dumb, ignorant, stupid or having a low I.Q. Those monikers are reserved for black players and coaches...give me soft any day.
those other monikers are not under discussion in this thread...I'm not sure what purpose they have in this conversation...except to say that "other people are racist to!" Which is not under any debate I heartily agree with you if that is your point.

Personally, I would prefer not to be called any of those things.

But I'm not sure I agree with the exclusive use of "low hoop IQ" as something only said about black players...I seem to remember tons of dumb white stiffs that Nellie drafted who had ZERO hoop IQ....and we said such.

the "Soft" moniker is almost exclusively for white players though....it denotes weakness.

and when 19 year old Dirk entered this league...he certainly was "soft"...but 30 year old Dirk is a warrior. He wages battle differently than Kobe or LeBron to be sure...that man has heart none the less.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote