View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 AM   #97
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well...

well. Uhh....

That was like...it was like a big, juicy steak that Darlton have been seasoning and making just right for the last 8 months. Better yet a meal. And it was so juicy and fulfilling that I could barely finish it.

First: Hats off to Josh Holloway. He took me there. That was some pretty gut wrenching stuff. Speaking of Sawyer....what a dark place he is in. Is he going to run off and be seduced by Flocke? Yeah. I think so.

Next up: Desmond disappeared off the plane. In the true spirit of Desmond, they're going to do more with less of him again. Watch for it.

The bomb: Did it explode? On a show like this, with reality being so incredibly suspended, yeah I guess it did. But it sent them forward in time in the process. "The last time I heard of this much concrete being poured over anything was chernobyl" <--- It was there since season 2. Sayid freaking called it, right? The last episode was called "The Incident." It was easier than we made it. Whatever Happened, Happened. Etc.

The ash...the effing ash was to keep smokey IN.

Jacob committed suicide. He was no more murdered than Albus Dumbledore was. He totally meant to die, and gave that little speech to Ben, who has become a pawn, to make it happen.

It was a giant Ankh in the guitar case? With a hidden message inside? Pretty sure no one guessed that. It seems Jacob made one final list before he died, and the O6 were on it.

So is the line as clearly drawn in the sand as it seems right now? Is this really coming down to a good versus evil, Team MIB vs Team Jacob FTW party? Is that what it's always been about? Feuding Gods? I think we have enough information, but it's hard to say.

----------------------------------------------------

And finally the meat of the discussion: (or so I predict) The ALT timeline.

The ALT timeline is the flashback/flashforward narrative device of the season.

It will take on any of the following 3 forms:

1. It is strictly a "what if" look at what would have happened if the bomb had done what Jack thought it would. (What did Miles mean "It Worked"???). Personally, if they waste 30% of every episode with a "what if" that has no bearing on the bulk of the action, then I will be supremely disappointed.

2. It is an alternate reality/universe that will somehow throughout the course of the season come to impact things in the primary time line. Use your imagination.

3. It is the end game. It is, in essence, a flash forward. At the end of the series, they will in fact change things so the plane lands, and they're showing us the (not-so) happily ever after ahead of time.

Personally I hope it's option #2.

People are going to dwell on the underwater island. Which had barracks on it and a broken statue, meaning it...err..."sunk" after the barracks were built. I think it's existence lends itself to options 1 and 2 above. I'm prepared to not dwell on it unless we get more info.

--------

There are 23 other discussion points, but I need to sleep. Can't wait to watch it again.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-03-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote