View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #17
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I believe that Cat can play on this team... or just about any team. He's just having a crappy year, but he's been a very good hitter his entire career. Maybe a spot can be filled in the OF via the miracle of free agency and maybe Byrd and/or Cruz can stick. I suppose the last several weeks of the season will be interesting. I'd expect Murphy to get a shot rather quickly as well.
You need to qualify this or something. Cat can be a very good platoon DH for a team that doesn't need power from the DH spot. He can't field a lick. He has a sissy arm and he can only hit righties at a decent clip. All in all he was absolutely a terrible signing this last offseason. For a team like the Rangers who are in the rebuilding (rebuilding from being bad I guess?) phase having guys like Cat, Wilk, and Sosa make zero sense. None of the three can play solid D and all are streak hitters. These really aren't the kind of guys that can help a young team or even a solid team. Just my 2 cents.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote