View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

no one posted any links or documents to support the statement that excluding churches that libs give more charity than conservs.

But... let examine the arguement. Basically, several of you are saying that liberals give more to charity if and only if we eliminate gifts to churches. So... does that mean liberals don't go to church? Or does that mean that liberals that do go to church don't contribute/donate to the church? Either way, you are forming a conclusion that the Dem party has been trying to fight.

It was obvious that Obama and Hillary and the National Dem Convention very much wanted the nation to see that Liberals/Dems go to church too and that Conservs/Reps don't have a monopoly on the Church issue.

Now, it became funny to me to watch Obama dance between wanting to appear Christian and wanting to distance himself from the Reverend and Church that converted him from Islam towards Christianity.

Anyway, I find it interesting to see some of you arguing that Church is shit and that Dems don't support churches. I hope you are successful in getting your message out. A lot of Church going persons voted for Obama.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote