View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #104
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
And this is exactly my point. The Doc I know - and the Doc I've met in person - enjoyed the forum too much to ever let people jack with his account, or to threaten the contributions he'd made. He'd never stand for it. Very early on, he was on the road to having the highest post count and whatnot. He was always all about making acquaintences and talking sports and whatever else.
I was very interested and active until one day when a dear friend was lost and the board has never been the same to me. Rhylan continues to remain a friend and I respect him. Certainly another friend Dan is incorrect about his view of me. It's ok.

Quote:
He's had a steady rate of activity on the board since his first day here, over 5 years ago - which doesn't really support the idea that somewhere around post 25,000, one person was supplanted by a group of people who were able to perfectly coordinate their behaviors to imitate a guy who was already ALL over the board and had common memories and experiences with tons of other members.
Go back just shy of three years ago and you will see not so subtle changes in my posting habits. Several people asked me about mood swings, attitude differences. SaltwaterChaffy once posted something about me being able to go from the most compassionate person to a total ass. All that occurred in the last three years. The first year or so here the only one I would ever argue with was murphy and reeds. And I like murphy.

Regardless, believe what you wish. I am not trying to force anyone to believe anything, I was merely trying to clear the air.

UL- Fair point. I do regret not supervising things more closely. I actively engaged in several arguments myself so it would have probably been not as supervisory as expected anyways. I am not saying that I did not engage in pissing mataches at times.

OZ- as far as I know the conversations we have had have been between us.

mary- fair enough. And I am happy to have that post out there or I would not have put it up in the first place. I removed it by request.

Thanks Dan.

ilMav- the comparative analysis was between community repsonses. Did online communties respond in similar fashion to real ones. Are online communities actually communities at all?

Dude- I'm sorry you feel that way. Especially since I shared this with you back on January 13th. Maybe the biggest mistake was trying to clear the air since so many people got upset (understandably).

chum- I haven't been a grad student in a long time but grad students do regularly participate in search committees. But I would not expect you to understand that not having ever been one.