View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
www.texasconstitutionorsomethingsimilar.com

There are counties in W. Texas (Andrews, Yoakum, ...) that have multi-billion dollar property values and it's not because of the 70 or 80 shotgun houses and arid cotton patches in those counties. Ira-ann School District in Pecos Co. has (last I checked) the most property value per student of any school district in Texas because of the assessment on the Yates field.

The richness of property taxes in some of these counties in W. Texas was part of the reason we got Robin Hooded...to get these counties paying more in property taxes that could then be shipped to the State for re-doling.
I've googled it, and searched, and I find royalty taxes, but not taxes on mineral rights.

The difference being one is when you are profitting, and one is an all-time thing.

I have to have mineral rights in order to get a royalty check. If no royalty check coming in -- then they cost nothing -- unlike the landowner who is taxed every year.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote