Thread: Flop rules
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
True, you can't catch ALL flops live, but I think the refs could do a much better job than they have. Unfortunately, the safety net the league now offers them provides little incentive, if not negative incentive, to do their best to get the call right the first time.
That's an interesting suggestion, about the disincentive. Maybe they could mitigate it by making a press release each day of the in-game-called flops from the night before. I'm staunchly in support of embarrassment as the best form of enforcement.

As for in-game...I'm not sure I want to see the refs looking to blow a lot of whistles. I could see the pendulum swinging too far in the opposite direction. But...the swallowing of the whistle is something I could get squarely behind. Let enough guys get on their ass without a call, and thus get out of the play, and they might think twice about doing it again. Particularly since they will look so foolish on ESPN that night.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-06-2012 at 01:14 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote