View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickOutlaw View Post
Good Monday to you. If you're not busy watching football later, there's a Mavs game today, as Dallas looks to get back on the horse after a pretty tough loss against the Thunder at the AAC Friday.

Carlisle calls Durant, who had a career high 52, the "best shooter on the planet".
Speaking of great shooters, Dirk says he has to "be more aggressive early", to get himself going. Dirk started Friday's game in an early shooting hole, though he did score double-digits in the 4th quarter.
Dirk also says he is "proud of Collison", who was yet again benched late, this time in favor of veteran Mike James. Dirk says that Carlisle has been tough on Darren Collison, but that, to his credit, Darren has kept fighting. Hopefully that fight will eventually be rewarded with late game action.
Mike James and Rick Carlisle addressed the awful late game decision that saw James miss the shot that prevented another Dallas d to take the blame, as the coach, but I think that's the kind of mistake a veteran player simply shouldn't make.
Shawn Marion has been fined $25,000 for his comments after the game, saying that it was "eight on five". I don't know if it's me but it seems like Dallas, whether it's Cuban, Carlisle, or the players, have been complaining about the refs more than usual lately.
Want to know "the book" on Rick Carlisle? O.K, here you go.
Hardwood Paroxysm has a trade deadline roundtable where the Mavs are mentioned. Their trade proposals make me want to vomit, though. If this is what outsiders think of the Dallas' trade prospects, then probably better to do nothing.
For Insiders, Chad Ford breaks down 10 impact players that could be traded, including three names often linked to the Mavs in Josh Smith, Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins. Not terribly interested in Gay.

Okay, now this is tough. No links to anything and the sentences aren't even seperate enough to know whether it is the same point or not.

Like the book on Carlisle? Where the hell is it?

And the article about trade deadline.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote