View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 12:10 PM   #30
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Can someone spin the JJ trade into a better positive than I see it as right now? I'm underwhelmed. 13m next year at 38, even if you take away the age, I'd almost rather have gambled on hypnotizing a player to come here in free agency.

I worried that they would turn Johnsons expiring and THJ expiring into... THJs new contract.
Also here's where I have a problem with the Redick trade

How many guys do we have to keep trying to hide on defense come playoff time?

This is why we struggle already too many non defenders in the rotation. Would have preferred combo guards like Hill or Teague who can offer a combination of shooting, defense and ball handling as opposed to Redick.

Mavsmoneyball
There’ll be issues on defense, for sure. The Mavericks will have to devise ways to hide him on bad shooters, and there might be matchups where Redick will struggle to get minutes. And there’s the issue of his current heel injury. But overall this should help the Mavericks. James Johnson and Wes Iwundu weren’t playing at all, and Redick brings a skill Dallas desperately needs.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-27-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote