View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #68
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

It would break my heart to see Dirk finish his career for any other team (especially the f*cking Warriors.) It truly would. But man, if we have to max out the already overpaid Parsons just to keep Dirk for one more year, maybe two? That's a tough pill to swallow.

I honestly don't know what the right answer is, but I know I'm sick of constantly "retooling" every year desperately hoping for one more playoff push and never getting anything out of the draft. At some point we have to begin the actual rebuilding process. We've just been delaying it year after year .

As gut-wrenching as it would be to see Dirk wear a different jersey, if keeping means we have to max out Parsons just so we can hope to lure another big free agent to max out, it seems like it does make more sense to just let them both go and start completely over. Maybe get some decent players and/or picks so we have something to rebuild with instead of being stuck with Parsons and whoever else we probably won't want after Dirk retires.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote