View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #36
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

$30,000,000,000 in budget cuts is at least Progress. You have to make progress to get to your goals. No it's not enough as the promise was and remains $100,000,000,000...but it's at least a start.

They have many more opportunities to slash spending over the year...

I'm interested in knowing what the budget is and then at the end of the year, what is the actual spending numbers. If they can come in at $100,000,000,000 under the budget, then it will be a success.

Again, I am interested in knowing the results, not the promises.

It's like airline travel...they are measured with ON Time Departure...I don't care about the take off, I care about the landing...what is the ON Time Arrival grade? Keep in mind that these airlines skew the On Time Departure number...all they need to do is shut the door and taxi away from the gate 1 inch and it's considered an on-time departure.

So back to the budget...I remotely care about the budget as in what has been planned, but ultimately, I want to know how the government will keep its spending UNDER Budget and how it will roll that savings into 2012 to further bring the spending even more under budget.

Is this congress willing to do the hard work to truly and genuinely reverse the over-spending cycle?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote