View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #712
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Honestly at this point, If Hicks could promise me to make a push next year in free agency with the money he would've spent this year(30M- 40M), and next years budget, which I would guess would be around 20M. I would be fine using the young guys to see what they got I would feel okay.

My plan would to see if Guzman has anything in CF, if Botts can handle DH, if Arias could be a utility guy, if Cruz can be the 5 tool player that he has been billed as, and if Wilkerson can regain his form. That's my take on the ? for the for the offensive players. And let's see if Danks, Tejada, and Volquez can live up to the hype that's been laid upon them. I would also love to see the bullpen continue the success it was having with the youth movement.

Don't get me wrong, if there are any players that the team likes that could be had at a bargain(R Wolf, D Roberts, F Cattalanatto,C Floyd, Mulder, Ohka, S Stewart) I'm all for it, but I just think this years FA market is over-inflated. I would also take a look into trades (Maybe M Ramirez, I know he would 40M over 2 years, but he's worth it in this market) seeing that relief pitching is at a premium, and we have a lot of major league ready RP arms.

I know the team would probably be lucky to win 70 games this year, but I don't want this team to be strapped for years to come based on paying too much for mediocre playersin this inflated market.

Sorry about the run on sentences, but I really didn't care to mess with formatting my post.
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote