View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #51
mavsgirl56

mavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I've said this in every Kobe thread thus far:

If you watched FIBA USA basketball this summer, you would understand the kind of competitor that Kobe is. You would see how great of a team player he is.

I never knew that excellent defensive prowess could be seen as "individual", "selfish", or "non-team". The man is one of the best shut down defenders in the league. I don't think that should be overlooked.

The fact is, and I repeat many posters' comments here: Kobe is arguably the best/most talented player in the league.

Not only that, but he is on of the most respected players around the league. Once again, this was seen in both FIBA practices and games this summer--time and time again. He wasn't the leading scorer of every game, but every player on that team respected and looked up to him. If you don't believe it, then do some research for yourself. Not hard to watch some nba.com videos on Kobe/FIBA from this summer...

Truth-- Kobe isn't an overated player. Rather, you are under-rating him. =/
The point is Kobe only plays team ball in FIBA. He does not play team ball in the NBA. It doesn't make one bit of difference how well he played this summer. The MAVS aren't a FIBA team, neither are the Lakers. Bringing Kobe (or KoME as I like to call him) would be a terrrible mistake for the Mavs. You cannot point to how well he played this summer when he's proven time and time again that he doesn't play that way in the NBA.
mavsgirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote