View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #163
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Is anyone reading this "Girl with the dragon tattoo" series I've heard so much about?
I just finished reading the first book in a couple of days. It is ok.. a detective / mystery / thriller type thing. It is a little darker than most books I have read. Apparently the author witnessed a rape of a girl when he was younger and didn't do anything to stop it. Now all of his books have that theme about abused women etc. The female that rises above the odds. The original name of the book in Swedish is "Men who hate women." It probably wouldn't have sold as well in America with that title.

The first book could be stand alone.

I heard the second and third ones are not. and well the author unexpectedly died of a heart attack.. so the series is incomplete.

I had several people recommend me the series, so I will probably stick with it. They say the sequels are better than the first.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-20-2010 at 11:45 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote