View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:42 AM   #49
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I agree with you - a topic I chose not to touch on in my previous post in favor of brevity is the obvious fact that Phoenix Nash is a completely different player from Dallas Nash. I admit I was harsh on Nash with regards to the 'always failing' - chum pushed my buttons a bit with the whole band wagon deal. In my post I was focusing entirely on Nash's tenure with the Mavs (and when I said failure, I meant failure with the Mavs, not the Suns). Also, I didn't mean to come across as shortchanging Nash's accomplishments in last year's playoffs - the guy took it up a notch and demonstrated why he was All-NBA First Team - no doubt in my mind (the story would have been different, in my opinion, had he played against Bibby, or gotten the chance to play against Kidd).

But, he didn't do that (or anything near that for that matter) while he was with us. His best efforts? 2003 - All-NBA Third Team, 2002 - All-NBA Third Team. And a slew of ignomious playoff exits as I have outlined above. It frustrates the hell out of me that Nash didn't perform with the Mavs as he does today with the Suns, but I also think that it is pointless for people to point to what he has accomplished today and say "if only..." Nash had the opportunity to do what he is doing with the Suns...with the Mavs. He was here for 6 seasons. He came into his own in 2000-01 and already had Dirty and Filthy running full-steam alongside him. And yet he waited until he hit 30 to have the two best years of his career. Figures huh?

The old Steve Nash was good, but by no stretch of the imagination was he great.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-28-2006 at 06:02 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote