View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #56
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
chum, the original argument was not about series averages - it was about your contention that I was "a band wagon jumper of the highest degree," because (and this is the fact pattern):

(1) I stated that Nash's N.J. line reminded me "a little bit of the Steve Nash of old," referring to the fact that I recalled games in the past where Nash's line had been mediocre if not downright bad.
(2) You called me out and stated that there is "no resemblance between that line and the Steve Nash of old".
(3) I provided evidence specifically from the playoffs (not the regular season, where the games do not matter) of games where Nash had lines that are irrefutably reminiscent of Nash's N.J. line.

That's my beef.

1. Can't you cherry pick games to prove any point you want about a player? doesn't cevery player have a bad line now and then?

2. It would be more fair to compare his avg as opposed to his bad game..to then search out other bad games..

3. providing evidence means a full picture not what you want people to see..

old man
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote