View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 11:43 AM   #459
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I'm not going to counter the Kidd argument, I think we are all almost on the same boat.

Wood actively makes our big man situation bad himself. I can't sit around and see the blatant hypocrisy of us complaining about Bullock, DFS, etc. when this guy does one thing well. His history and game speak well enough for himself for me to not dismiss it as simple as Kidd can't coach bigs. I don't think that's what you're saying completely, but it's time we start calling Wood for what he is and stop acting like he's a slam dunk starter and should be getting 30+ minutes. He is seriously that hard to watch.

*Edited to throw serious shade at the FO and ownership for not addressing the center position in the offseason, nor at the trade deadline. Serious incompetence after the flaw was glaringly obvious in the playoffs and last year. Obvious that Wood is a PF and bringing in McGee as the only option was foolish.
My only gripe is his 3s, and he?d be best paired with McGee or Maxi together. We saw what happened when Kidd said he needed to lock in defensively early in the season. And he did. And he became starter because it was too glaringly obvious how solid he?d been. Then he got injured, and it all went to hell, and the trade deadline. He?s been yanked around when he had started to buy in. I?m probably not starting him, but he would do well getting consistent minutes as the first or second guy off the bench.