View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 11:37 AM   #475
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
The reason the Wood situation is so dumb for me is the guy could be playing for a contract. This is good. He will try harder. But the Mavs are limiting his minutes? Anyone in that situation would be upset too. Their career is being limited. It even worse as he is putting up the best numbers of any big the Mavs have. It must be so frustrating to just sit therr and say ?the right things? when you know you could be doing better with more minutes. He has no consistency in his playing time. That must also be messing with his mind. He has no peace of mind.
My newest take on the Wood situation is that his conflicts with Kidd are irreconcilable. At this point in the season it does not matter who is to blame, whether it be him being given a bench role at the beginning of the season or his lackluster play of late. The conflict is likely causing disruption in the locker room and impacting team morale (morale is no doubt being impacted by other factors also, but I believe Wood's attitude has become a flashing point). This will likely be an unpopular solution, but the Mavs should buyout his contract and pick up three of the following: Noel, Ibaka, Wall, Dragic (also buyout/waive Pinson and Frank). Addition by subtraction, even though Wood is a very talented player on offense. I see the situation boiling over into something that approximates Rondo if he stays on the team. Him walking off the court and to the locker room after making a series of bonehead plays against the Pacers is not a good look. This is another desperate move but at this point what have you got to lose? Wood is gone at the end of the season and the Mavs need to make moves to give them at least a bit of resistance at the rim and another ball handler to come off the bench.