View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 01:12 PM   #476
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
My newest take on the Wood situation is that his conflicts with Kidd are irreconcilable. At this point in the season it does not matter who is to blame, whether it be him being given a bench role at the beginning of the season or his lackluster play of late. The conflict is likely causing disruption in the locker room and impacting team morale (morale is no doubt being impacted by other factors also, but I believe Wood's attitude has become a flashing point). This will likely be an unpopular solution, but the Mavs should buyout his contract and pick up three of the following: Noel, Ibaka, Wall, Dragic (also buyout/waive Pinson and Frank). Addition by subtraction, even though Wood is a very talented player on offense. I see the situation boiling over into something that approximates Rondo if he stays on the team. Him walking off the court and to the locker room after making a series of bonehead plays against the Pacers is not a good look. This is another desperate move but at this point what have you got to lose? Wood is gone at the end of the season and the Mavs need to make moves to give them at least a bit of resistance at the rim and another ball handler to come off the bench.
The question that will need to be answered is who is going to want to come play for Kidd? I don't think it looks very attractive.

Perhaps it doesn't matter strictly regarding the outcome of Wood this season, but big picture is Wood has finally had enough regardless of what he is as a player, Green being jerked around...even more so lately. Ypu have at least 2 guys who surely have been shaking their heads behind the scenes at this shit show. How much does that effect the whole team?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote