View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 08:59 AM   #772
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Does anyone really care anymore? I'm totally numb to this season. The big man situation has completely collapsed. Our two superstars are hurt. Young guys look good but can't carry the team. And the coach is on Neptune.

Not really sure what there is to be optimistic about.
This.

I was a season ticket holder from 2001 (the inaugural season for the AAC including the Mavs new unis) to 2006 and that NBA Finals loss really spoke to me. Not just because the fact that the Mavs lost, but because it revealed to me how incredibly invested I was in the team. While in reality, I can't even influence the outcome so it's unwise to give it too much time, energy and emotion - including finances. I made a pact with myself in 2007 to only watch 10 games on TV and I may have watched 5 games at best. One of the best decisions of my life as it helped to level set my relationship with the Mavs while reminding me of what it truly is: a group of grown men playing a childhood game while making millions. For our ENTERTAINMENT.

I share this because I cannot for the life of me imagine what it must be like to be a season ticket holder at this time. I would feel so ripped off. Not so much because of the poor product, but due to load management and attending a game while having no idea who will play. When I see players adhering to load management, it makes me laugh as I'm an aspiring pro Ultra Endurance Athlete (runner) on the side of my career and the only way to get better at my trade is to work hard and work consistently. I'm 46 years old, btw. I log 200-240 miles a month and what helps me to avoid injury is being consistently good - instead of occasionally great. It seems to me as if some NBA players want to go out there and have a great game and then take a game or two off because they feel that they've earned it. It's both sad and unfortunate and the NBA product is dissipating as a result of it.

Last edited by washedklean77; 03-15-2023 at 09:03 AM.
washedklean77 is offline   Reply With Quote