View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #24
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
uh...how about top 5 when all is said and done. I'm sure the numbers will back that up.
I would probably put Duncan, Malone, Barkley, Pettit, and Mchale ahead of Dirk as of now. As of June 2, 2005 the experts apparently had Dirk at #10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2074360

I still think it's crazy Garnett is ahead of Dirk... and I think it's even more crazy people would still put him ahead of Dirk. He's done nothing more than Dirk has in his career. We'll see how it plays out but ideally I would like to think him being a revolutionary at the 4 would move him up higher on the list as well as being hands down the best European player.

Mchale gets the nod because of his championships, I know it's not a prerequisite to be on the list but if Dirk was in his position he would also be a second banana. Can't fault him for that, especially with three championships (more than Dirk, Garnett, Barkley, Pettit, Hayes, and Malone combined... wow).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote