View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Who do you think has a bias against Dirk?
I believe I've already answered this question....the general media holds Dirk contemptibly in high praise..as in...they HAVE to admit his greatness, but they never miss the opportunity to take a shot at his weaknesses either. A lot of back handed compliments. Dallas as been too good over the past 3 years and Dirk has been too special not to receive many accolades...but how many of the national media would have Dirk as a top 5 player in the league? They are forced to admit him as an all star and all NBA guy...but how many really appreciate Dirk as being as good as any guy not named Kobe or Lebron?

I'm not willing to go dig up all the articles that you and I (and the members of this board) have read where Dirk is openly been ridiculed and talked negatively about to prove my point...but that is just it...I don't need to. Because, drino, you know there is a feeling of less respect for Dirk among national media types than many other all stars...heck, even goofy Manu gets crazy love from those idiots and he is only a "very good" player.

I think flaco hit a lot of my feelings on the head in his recent comment. For some reason...it is easy for people not to appreciate Dirk's game...and that is disappointing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 03-17-2008 at 03:27 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote