View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #101
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I
Do I think he’s been underrated for most of his career? Yes, I do. But over the past couple of years I’ve seen a lot of the disrespect subside. While it’s still out there, it’s so infrequent and spread out that it’s hard to make blanket statements like “he doesn’t get respect because he’s white”. You kind of have to look at the comments on a case by case basis and take into account who is making them.

You really have to look at other team's message board to see that the above statement is unrealistic. Dirk is being called a p*** or a choker more than ever before. People have pretty much forgotten that he took this team to the finals by beating SA in a game 7 on their own court. People are saying that his MVP is ridicolous, silly, and that people will laugh at it 20 years from now. Dirk's rep right now is at an all time low. Only a deep playoff run, probably only a ring, will make that go away.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote