View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 11:32 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:October 1 College Football Thread

I heard one of the announcers say today that the acc was being recognized as the toughest conference now. Really? Ummmm no. Pac 10, SEC, are better and big 12 is pretty close. The other two Virginia teams are overrated and Miami isnt what they used to be. They are still a power but there if they lose to VT they will probably not be ranked in the top 10 any more. So that will leave VT with a schedule that features one ranked team for sure and MAYBE one other team that finishes the year ranked. The problem for them strength of schedule wise is that they need Miami to win in order to give them quality wins. Miami and them play most of the same teams and those teams already have 1 loss which means that they will end with 3 losses or miami will end with 3 losses which means that they will have no really good wins. Georgia Tech has Georgia, and Miami left. The ranked games they have left are Boston College, Miami and Virginia. Virginia has no prayer of ending the year ranked and I doubt BC does either. That leaves Miami and I believe that UT has a win coming that will cancel that out.

The other problem is that even excluding Miami alot of the teams that they need to finish ranked play each other and will in turn knock each other off. Even if they get lucky and one of those teams gets hot and manages to stay in the top 20, I dont think that they will have 2 teams that end the year ranked as high as OSU and Tech on their schedule. Tech will end the year ranked higher than Miami. Tech will have 1 loss to Miami's 2. In short they will both have 2 ranked opponents by the end of the year (if VT has that many) and Texas' will be ranked higher.

Marcus Vick is not as electrifying as Vince. Vince is electrifying because he is unique. Most scrambling Qbs are all about elusiveness. Vick fits into this category. Vince is as elusive as anyone but unlike most Qbs he can flat run over someone. The guy is an alien. He is THE most dangerous player in the NCAA running with the ball. Well Reggie Bush and him are right there together though their styles are so different. This is the matchup that everyone wants to see outside of Virginia and honestly it should be entertaining as hell. Texas D against USC O is actually a decent matchup for UT or at least as good a matchup as USC's O is for anyone. Texas biggest problem is a mobile Qb or a power running game neither of which is USC's strength. Should be as good of a fight as anyone could put up against USC and there is always the chance that Vince just goes nuts and runs for over 200 yards and Texas wins.

Jamaal Charles is a Hoss. Despite being a little guy he has incredible power for a guy his size. Did you see him lay Hawk out after the pick? I am really looking forward to that game even though I am a Tech student and would love to see us go undefeated.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote