View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #21
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:October 1 College Football Thread

Quote:
Tech will end the year ranked higher than Miami. Tech will have 1 loss to Miami's 2. In short they will both have 2 ranked opponents by the end of the year (if VT has that many) and Texas' will be ranked higher.
Despite today's ugly win, I still think the Raiders win next week. But after watching Nebraska - ISU I'm convinced the game will be a lot tougher than last year - and not just because it's in Lincoln. While Nebraska's D still ain't the blackshirts of old, they were flying to the football and pressuring the QB all game.

TT can be a 10 win team, but today goes to show they need to take it week by week.

Quote:
He is THE most dangerous player in the NCAA running with the ball. Well Reggie Bush and him are right there together though their styles are so different. This is the matchup that everyone wants to see outside of Virginia and honestly it should be entertaining as hell. Texas D against USC O is actually a decent matchup for UT or at least as good a matchup as USC's O is for anyone. Texas biggest problem is a mobile Qb or a power running game neither of which is USC's strength. Should be as good of a fight as anyone could put up against USC and there is always the chance that Vince just goes nuts and runs for over 200 yards and Texas wins.
The ABC color analyst mentioned how Pro scouts refer to Vince as a "2-step guy" (i.e. for every two steps he runs 5 yards). That was definitely illustrated when he converted the 3rd & 30 play. I still get awestruck by how he covers more ground than you think possible.

Runs like a deer is so cliché - but I honestly think it's sooo true when you talk about VY.