View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:October 1 College Football Thread

USC may lose but they are unquestionably the most talented team in the country. Some how they manage to have a heisman candidate who is the second best player on his own team at his position. That is an insane amount of talent. They have thunder and lightning except both parts are actually great. Young is a special player. He is just so dangerous as a runner because he is almost completely untackleable (is that a word?) one on one. If I was an opposing coach there is no player that I would want to see less with the ball in a one on one situation against someone on my D. He can run over or around you. The other thing is that even though you know he is fast as a defensive player, you take bad angles because he doesn't look that fast. He looks like a garden variety 4.6 or 4.7. Then you look at the people he is outrunning and he is a 4.4 type guy with great "football speed" The other thing about being a runner is that straight line speed ie 40 times arent anywhere near as important as people think. The most important part is that you have lateral quickness and a quick acceleration. Vince has both of those things. Essentially, USC is the best team. However, while Vince may not be the best player in the nation(though I think he is) he is the most dangerous.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote