View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #214
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
In the NBA there are no "spare parts." That's just a term invented by couch GMs. In the NBA you always have to try to improve each and every way you can and just because you got better in some ways and worse in some others, doesn't mean the improvements weren't improvements.
DWill, Zaza, McGee, CV, Powell, Wright, Amare, Mejri, Odom, Rondo, Ellis, Mayo, Kaman and many others are considered "Spare Parts" imo. Some of them worked out well and some of them did more harm than good. Basically players that weren't wanted or needed by their respective teams but fell into our lap one way or another. Any player that a team is willing to give up is a spare part as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps this is a semantics issue. Hell, Kobe was Spare Parts to the Hornets 18 years ago and he turned out to be a superstar.

My original point was that we aren't rebuilding while Dirk is here, RC isn't the best fit for a complete rebuild, it isn't in Cuban's DNA to rebuild, and Donnie's strength isn't drafting so why not throw a bunch of guys who fell out of favor in other systems or weren't good fits and try them out here while Dirk is still around.

Rebuilding with Parsons and Matthews 3 years from now doesn't seem wise unless they elevate to all-star or superstar status. I'm fine with resigning them but would rather have young players get burn when and if we ever go the rebuild from scratch route after Dirk's departure.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-25-2016 at 10:55 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote