View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #216
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I agree with a lot of this except for Parsons who has clearly showed he can play like an all-star the last three games. Ellis had a lot of great games, but the numbers did show inefficiency. Parsons seems to play very efficiently and within the system.

Anyway, a lot of these "spare parts" are because of the endless summer after summer of trying to hit a superstar. Going after DAJ this past summer was a bad move in hindsight because center is miraculously not an issue. Mavs need to bolster the bench, and can easily do that this summer if they don't try so desperately to get another superstar. I think it def depends on how Parsons finishes out the season. If he can keep on with these 20+ ppg games, then I think the team is in pretty good shape going into the offseason.
I'm beginning to think our primary need is a starter quality PF who can hit 3s (assuming Zaza, DWill, McGee, Mejri, are back).
Markieff Morris is the type of player who would fit in terms of skills but could become another Rondo/Odom issue.
Backup SG/SF (Stack/Carter type) and/or a backup SF/PF (Marion/Aminu type)who can rebound and play tough D are secondary needs but could be the pieces to make us contenders.
I honestly think we are only a few "Spare Parts" away from being a serious contender. Certainly doable in the off-season.

Would you do Felton/CV for Morris before the TDL?

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-25-2016 at 02:01 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote