View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Kiki, in defense of the coverage of the distance race, I'll offer that the layman isn't riveted by 27 minutes straight of that stuff. I agree that lead changes and the like should be accounted for, but even a guy like me (a more enthusiastic viewer than their average, I am sure) is far more tuned in to the final moments than he is to the long grind that came before. If I recall correctly, you are a distance runner in your own right. As such, you of course represent more of a niche audience.

That said, I don't at all get the sport in beach volleyball. I suppose it's fun enough to play, but watching it is like watching grass grow.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote