Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 10:21 PM   #180
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
GS is up handily on Boston. If they win it convincingly, then I'm 100% convinced that GS was the only team better than us this season. So getting Wood and THJ back already puts us at the very top. I know the West won't be stagnant, but there is little reason to make big changes.
Lets go through this year's teams-

Suns
Grizzlies
GSW
Mavs
Jazz
Nuggets
Wolves
Pelicans

Suns I think are only going to get worse. This year was their last, best chance for a title and they blew it. Ayton is probably gone and CP3 is another year older. Grizzlies, good team but I do think the Mavs are better. Jazz- they're probably going to blow it up. Gobert is almost certainly gone. Nuggets are interesting. A fully healthy Nuggets team could get back to making noise in the playoffs, but they still don't scare me that much. Wolves, meh. Pelicans- now here's where it gets really interesting. If Zion is healthy and locked in, they could be a real contender. But is Zion rarely healthy, and it seems like he really doesn't want to be there, so who knows. A fully healthy Clippers team is also very tough, but again, when are they ever healthy?

So I agree. As it is, the Warriors are the only team that I would say are unequivocally better than the Mavs. But the Warriors are indeed loaded, and other teams will be making moves too, so hopefully we're not done making moves either. Gotta see if we can turn Powell's expiring, MLE, and maybe THJ into a two-way wing and a shot blocker off the bench.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote