View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #114
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Either way, all I know for sure is I don't want Jason Garret to have anything to do with this team. Seriously, I blame him for this team's current condition as much as I do Wade.
I don't think that's fair -- Jason's job thus far has been very much an x's and o'x thing, and the problems on this team run much deeper than x's and o's. We can pick nits with his x's and o's all day, but the Cowboys have had a couple of top 3 offenses in total yards (and it's hardly his fault the cowboys have practically led the league in worst field position for the last several years).

As for Gruden....he was great in Tampa Bay for one year when he had a defense which had been assembled by Tony Dungee (an excellent talent evaluator in my view), but that team went into the shitter the longer Gruden hung around--the guy barely had a 500 record whilst in Tampa.

Point being, it's hardly a given that Gruden will be a signficant upgrade over Wade. His chief pluses are that he won a Super Bowl with a team assembled by Tony Dungee and he's the devil we don't know. If Garrett looks to be doing a good job as the *HEAD* coach between now and early January, then I think Jerry has to Jason's demonstrated performance with this team ahead of what somebody else did with another team nearly a decade ago.