View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Here my offseason thoughts, im thinking about it the last weeks.

I hope Cuban has a 2 years plan and is willing to spend more 2 years some serious money. In 2011 Dirk and Josh contracts are over and Terry has his last year not fully guaranteed left. That would be the perfect moment to end the Dirk/Cuban era in Dallas and with a clean cap Cuban should be able to sell the Mavs easily and move on to baseball. A rebuild with the 2010 pick unprotected in NJ is useless. Dirk is classy and wont demand a trade before 2010. Hoping for a big 2010 signing with free cap is useles in my opinion.

The main target should be to resign Kidd 2 years and getting 1-2 major deals with players with 2-3 expensive years left (Jefferson, Kaman etc).

Kidd should stay. 2 years deal for around 16mio with a 3rd year teamoption. He played a great season if you take out the Denver series. He is not the problem. You just cant put 2 other non-offensive players beside him on the court and the center should be able to catch easy alleys. But his future has to be QUICK resolved and that means by june.

If Kidd goes (Lakers or Cavs are the only teams, lakers have huge luxtax-issues and Cleveland a questionable beyond 2010 future):
Hinrich for Stack (earlier so Bulls are able to decide pro Gordon resigning)
MLE Sessions/Miller/Bibby/Felton/Jack
Rodriguez in a cheap and risky deal
If nothing goes swallow the Baron/Kaman package for nothing more than Damp+Stack and pray Baron stay healthy. RC can work with brainfarts. Go back to isos and forbid Baron to shoot more than 2 threes a game.

Draft:
Pick with #22 one of the pure PG projects, the draft is full of them. Let him learn from Kidd.

If Kidd stays, add quality with expirings:

Im sure we are stuck with Terry. Teams with that need will go for Gordon this offseason and not for Terry. Howard will have surgery and wont be easy to trade. Stay with Kidd/Terry/Josh/Dirk and add at least one major addition and fill the rest of the roster with MATCHING roleplayer.

Use Damp and Stack+Williams+George+Wright+Barea for 2 trades. Its 2 packages with 12-14 mio expiring contracts. If Stack get traded early his new team can save 5 mio with the buyout, thats huge.

Targets
(Bucks, Pacers have lots of trouble, Suns and Clippers may go back to cheapness)

Shaq (but still hope that just the save nr.2 option)
R. Jefferson (maybe with swallowing Bells contract too) – 2 years left
Kaman (pray Clippers get #3 drafting Thabeet) – 3 years left
J. Richardson – 2 years left
V. Carter – 3 years left
M. Redd – 2 years left
Dunleavy (out beginning next season) – 2 years left
Murphy – 2 years left
Mike Miller (expiring, but with Stack they can save 5 mio)
Crawford (i dont want him, but maybe if we get nothing better Stack will be always enough to get him)
Maggette (same here – Jax would be perfect but should be untouchable in GS)
Haywood (doubt they trade Butler now, they want to see the whole team together healthy, but maybe they try to save on Haywood since they have Etan too)
Chandler – Hornets announced to pay luxury, so i doubbt they dump him again
G. Wallace (but pretty sure Bobcats wont trade for cap release)

Problem:

Houston and Spurs looking for the same. Houston have 21mio expiring with McLady, Spurs around 10-12.

MLE:
Kidd or the possible major trades will deceide what we have or should do with the MLE, so thats an open topic.

Im 99% sure Artest und Ariza will stay in their teams. Artest is happy and sucessful in Houston and they can and will offer much more money. Odom wont sign for just the MLE, same with Marvin Williams. Gordon is a Terry clone, we dont need that.

Get the Birdman for 3 years MLE. Denver is in financial troubles. Mavs get stronger and same time hurt a concurrent.

Cheap pickups (minimum/bi-anual)

Keep Hollins and Singleton for the minimum

Watson
Morrow
Diogu (i love him, Bass potential)
Frye
McCants
Shannon Brown
S. Williams
R. Price
Jamario Moon

Offseason trainingcamp:

Let Wright train threes until he hit the open ones with 38+%
Bring "old" Carroll back. Old Carroll is a benchplayer like we need, a deadly shooter.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-14-2009 at 12:12 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote