View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #70
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yes, the Bird exception is transfered when the player is traded. But in that case we would have to send equal salary back, hence the word TRADE.

There is no way, at all, that the Mavs can sign Billups for anything other than the MLE, the LLE, or the veteran's minimum. There are possible trade avenues, perhaps, but those are just that, trades.

Now, you need to apologize to Mary, because she, and all of us, are right, and you are wrong. You don't/didn't know the rules, and you just need to admit it.

It is truly confounding that someone could be so into basketball that he posts frequently on a board like this, and yet has never read a single article related to free agency, and is so out of touch with the NBA as a whole that he thinks Cuban hasn't been signing free agents simply because he hasn't yet wanted to "break the bank". It's just astounding.
I dont owe you or anyone else anything. I dont know where you get off that someone NEEDS to give someone an apology. In that case, you need to apologize to me, because Billups is indeed a free agent after this season. And it has been told that the Mavs are indeed trying to get Billups in free agency. Now, how they get him is NOT my business or yours. If they do indeed get him in some sort of free agency or trade, they Mavs indeed will have to break the bank. Which is all my thread was about. Now, you and a couple of others turned it into something else.