View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #11
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Winning 52 games after all the games missed by Yao and TMac, I thought he deserved the COY this year!

But, I guess, when you lose a Game 7 at home... it's always tough. Also, I thought he somehow mishandled Bonzi... who could have been very useful against Utah. They needed that 3rd scorer!

Anyway, Rockets are a tough divisional opponent... any turmoil in their team can't be anything but good for us!

I agree with your jvg comments. In addition, I will say that jvg would NOT develop young talent...like the european pro vspan, Novak(3pt machine), Kirk Snyder etc.......he felt that the old and cripple vets were the ONLY way to go and the mavs exposed our role player's lack of youth and athleticism 2 yrs ago. The talk is Rick Adelman will come into town and run his offense thru the 5:

Having Adelman keep Yao at the high post will:

1. utilize his shooting range
2. utilize his passing ability
3. hide his (current) lack of speed
4. hide his (current) lack of handles/turnovers
5. take a lot of playmaking pressure off t-mac
6. allow the backdoor to be open for cutters
7.Mix it up with Yao's dominance down low

however, at the same time, it will limit Yao's paint/post points and his dominance inside (since he won't be there as much).

Also, we're going to need one hell of a defensive assistant coach because Adelman's defense's weren't always impressive. Also, I think Adelman offense means more playing time for Span n Novak and i have really high expectations for both these players. I would understand less playing time for Span because of his turnovers but JVG completely shut him out and never utilized Novaks deadly 3-pt shooting skills. And i like how Adelman used almost all his players and had decent bench production with the Kings.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote