View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 10:16 AM   #2382
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
So frustrating to watch the Mavs as a fan.

1. Wood needs to start or get more minutes.
2. Hardy needs more minutes
3. Bullock and THJ need minutes to be reduced significantly

Why can fans see this so clearly and the Mavs coaching staff is slow to adjust??

Next one is pay Wood. Mavs won?t realize this till he walks or gets traded.
Well Wood is starting now and at this point I don't think it's changing even if we had Maxi and zgreen healthy. That is a situation where we got lucky with unfortunate injury. Most of thr credit goes to Wood for renewed intensity and learning his role defensively.

Hardy needs more mins and due to Injury it also forced Kidds hand. Again, most credit goes to Hardy for actually producing in the little time he has to make it obvious that he needs MEANINGFUL mins like we have been saying. Not garbage mins.

Kidd probably sees these things too, but there is a whole other side to it where he is with all the guys constantly. Tenure, work ethic and relationships all play some factor. My best guess is that Kidd is not oblivious but he is hoping that minutes and roles work itself out. Like Bullock and Dfs aren't players that take us to the promise land, but they've been around a long time so you might lose them if you immediately bump them for prospects. I'm totally spitballing here, but the players aren't blind, they can see they are getting bumped slowly and they probably blame Kidd less because they have been given every chance to retain their roles but aren't producing.

I'd like to think if the players were robots, he would have already made some of the moves we have been screaming about, but you can't turn them on and off. There's tenure, team chemistry, relationships mixed into everything beyond the floor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-08-2023 at 10:18 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote