View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 03:35 PM   #2388
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
I understand where you are coming from but this is not highschool basketball anymore where we want to be fair with playing time. It took injuries for the right people to get playing time. That sounds like luck and not good coaching. I understand that there is a whole other aspect aside from basketball. However, basketball is the final product. We talk about keeping some players happy but what about the most important one? The one that needs to be in god mode to win? How does he feel when one person goes for 1/9 and the other has 0 pts, 3 rbs a d 2 asts in 30+ mins? My only guess is Kidd is trying to showcase these people so they can be moved. What?s frustrating is all the negotiations that is supposed to be happening with Wood. The Mavs know how much they can offer him, just offer it already? This is not the flea market where one has to haggle. I feel like the Mavs out think themselves too much out of a good deal. If its not about Xs and Os, then Wood is a great fit! The sad part is that his numbers are there, his attitude is there and he is even endorsed by Luka. Even with all this, Mavs are still acting like a subpar franchise.
Totally agree about Wood. Good fit ans he's producing and has been as much as we could have hoped for in regards of providing more on defense.

I think we are on the same page about it being luck regarding playing time for Hardy and Wood starting. Green is in a similar boat. It's luck but also unlucky because we needed Maxi semi-versatile defending.

I think it's different than your analogy of HS ball because they are in hotels, busses, planes, practices etc together. There's much more tenure, relationships between coaches/players and chemistry at this level. I could be wrong but I think his approach is to make small adjustments without rocking the boat as things play out. I'm not saying that's how I would do it, or that it's right but I can't convince my self fully that Kidd is just clueless. Even though i have taken plenty of shots at him, im Not fully convinced.

Regarding keeping Luka happy, I don't think Luka is speaking his mind about rotations and to some degree if he fully disagrees with the aoproach he needs to take steps to ensure his own happiness and push the issue PROPERLY. I don't believe he's there yet mentally. I think he is still trusting the veterans and coaching staff. Though, I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case. I would have already been in coaches ear.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-08-2023 at 03:37 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote