View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #2397
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Seeing a lot of fans balk at THJ for Levert. Caris's health would give me pause, but otherwise, I do that trade. We can't bitch and moan to get rid of THJ, and then be too good for a move like that. Levert is a much better handler/playmaker which is what we need more than anything. He isn't as good of a shooter as THJ, but Tim is so hit or miss in that department. Like, are we going to pin our playoff hopes on whether Tim makes shots or not? And I've defended Tim a lot this season.
I 100% do that trade and I like THJ and what he provides here, but it can be replaced much easier than ballhandling.

LeVert is also expiring so offers flexibility in that regard. Like you said, he is extremely better in the ball handling and playmaking department, so I'd make it based on that alone. And I think the shooting aspect is oversold in THJ's favor as the TS% are not far off (less than 2%) and LeVert actually has a higher 3p% though not by much.

I always ask myself the impact of playing with Luka here, as well. That is, give a notch higher to the incoming player as I simply think the looks and spacing will be better.

How is LeVert's defense? We know THJ's shortcomings there, just curious if that improves the case to this swap.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote