View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Gosh, I love these "Dirk is the problem", "I hate Avery", "What is up with Stack?" posts that always pop up after a loss. Its like being drunk. Can we try to sleep these things off and sober up first? If we still feel that way in the morning, post away.
Ive been holding off on posting this., but Ive had this thought for a few weeks now.

Dirk is acting like he still plays with Steve Nash and Michael Finley (in his prime). I haven't seen him this consistently passive since the 1999-2000 season.

The reason we are 12-7 is that we are missing 8-12 points from Dirk every single night. Frankly im surprised when he scores more than 27 points in a game.

Quote:
2003-2004 all over again. Some are just burying their head in the sane.
Thats the way I feel to. A team that is bad on the road is a sign of mental weakness and the 03-04 was horrible on the road. Lost a ton of games against inferior competition.

I came to that conclusion last week when I was at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee to watch us play the Bucks. Our team was listless, played with little energy or passion and Dirk didn't ever step up and dominate.
I really see the value of home court advantage. i have never personally witnessed the mavs play that lethargic at American Airlines Center. A big reason is that the crowd would be all over the team if we felt they weren't giving their best effort.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote