View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #34
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I think the team has many problems. I trust most of them will be fixed in due time.

But it really hurts to see Dirk playing like he is. I absolutely do not feel the same way watching him this year as I did before this past April. It's not just because of a few bad games against GS--Dirk has had bad games, in fact entire bad series before (see Houston 2005 playoffs).

The problem is, we're 19 games in now and I still have yet to watch Dirk shoot and feel like it was going in. Last year, I always thought it was going in. Always. Now, he's taking wide open 3 pointers and while the ball is in mid-air I'm almost wishing to myself that Jet had been the one shooting it instead of Dirk. Then my anxiety is justified when it misses--and usually it's not even reasonably close to going in.

I don't know guys. I really think the Mavs will be a much improved team by April and will be a force. But I miss the "security blanket" aspect that Dirk used to provide for this team. I don't feel it at all anymore.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-06-2007 at 02:38 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote