View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #219
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I do, that's why I never said, at any point, that I thought that all of those moves would happen. Those are the moves I would like to happen. But I would think that more than one of them happening is more likely than Terence Newman playing FS.

Also, please point out where I said I "expect" those moves to happen. Attempting to bolster your contention that Newman can play FS by arguing against something I never stated is a good example of a strawman, in my opinion (amongst a few other logical fallacies).
You truly aren't following this are you? Let me see if I can't break it down for you.

First, you said: "I would love to see them draft Peterson as a safety, and sign Champ Bailey, Asomugha, or Ike Taylor at corner if they wind up cutting Newman (which is a distinct possibility). Then sign a good guard like Carl Nicks, Harvey Dahl or Davin Joseph and let Kosier go somewhere else, along with cutting Big Len. Either draft Wisniewski in the second as your center, or do everything you can to get Ryan Kalil away from the Panthers and slide Gurode over to the other guard position. Sign Doug Free now. Pick up at least one RT in the mid rounds. Cut Marion Barber and sign Michael Bush or Mike Tolbert. Cut Roy Williams and sign Lance Moore, Laurent Robinson, Jacoby Jones, Danny Amendola, or Legedu Naanee as your third wideout. There are many permutations that could follow each of those moves, but I definitely think a complete overhaul of the offensive line is a must."

MKat said: "huge pipe dream. it'd be amazing if any one of those things happened." Which, to me, clearly is saying all of the above is a huge pipe dream and it would be amazing if even one of those things happened, MUCH LESS all of them.

You then said: "Get your pipe ready." Which, to me, clearly suggests that the huge pipe dream is going to take place (again, which is ALL of your things).

I then went on to contend just that, which is MKat was suggesting all items taking place was the pipe dream.

You then went on to say: "I do, that's why I never said, at any point, that I thought that all of those moves would happen."

Please take a moment and let all of that sink in. So, what are the options? 1, you misunderstood MKat's post to not mean that all of your items was the pipe dream. 2, you lied with your most recent post. Pick.

Regarding straw man type stuff with regards to Newman, like I said, you listed 6 damn guys that you thought were better tacklers. There are 64 starting CBs in the league. I contend that Newman is above average tackling from the CB position and therefore would be average to slightly below average tackling in the FS position while being elite in coverage at the FS position. There is no straw in that argument. Worst case, you disagree and we go on about our business.

You are not right Ribo... You simply have an opinion on the matter. My opinion is formed from watching a great deal of football (especially Cowboys football) and seeing the last 2 years of Newman vs. the early part of his career (and I assume your opinion is based on the same). I think he most certainly could do it and I think where he hurts you with tackling he would more than make up for with coverage. Again, just my opinion, but it isn't wrong because you don't associate Newman with Champ Fing Bailey. Period.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 01-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote