View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #78
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Fake tough is Kevin Garnett making threat displays to JJB, or being the biggest guy on the court and shoving an elbow into the chest of the smallest guy on the court while he's airborne. Fake tough is saying you would've gotten into a fight but just weren't allowed to after a guy challenges you by sticking his finger in your ear.

Delonte's actions weren't fake tough, or at the very least they weren't proven to be by anything that followed. They just weren't constructive, and don't have any place in a basketball game, especially one where the stakes are so high. They're hardly the end of the world, either, though, and as long as he doesn't follow that up with an encore I don't think it will or should impact the chances that he re-signs with the Mavs next season.

Oh, and three other things:
1) the fine seems excessive to me
2) this thread is silly
3) "This message is hidden because 4DN1 is on your ignore list."

Fake tough is this thread...

But I do agree that the $25k fine was excessive, especially for a league-minimum player who didn't actually hurt anybody. Delonte was hit with the tech, the game continued, Hayward used that motivation to score 24 points and get the win... The Mavs dropped one that they needed, the Jazz kept their playoff hopes alive, the Basketball Gods were appeased - Stern just wanted to remind the Basketball Gods who's in charge, that's all.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote