View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #4072
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I post on an all nba website and I read quite a bit of bball. If there is a consensus outside of Dallas I'd say it's that Garnett was better. That consensus is wrong, but it's still the feeling I get from everyone else.
In fairness, I think Garnett definitely was better earlier in their careers. In 2004 I thought Garnett was the best player in the game. But like I said, I think Dirk surpassed him in 2005. The deciding factor for me is that Dirk consistently took ordinary or outright mediocre supporting casts to 50+ wins and playoff runs for well over a decade. Garnett's Wolves OTOH plummeted into irrelevance after his MVP year. Plus, Dirk carried his team to a championship- not one other all-star by his side. Garnett OTOH needed two other Hall of Famers with him to win his title.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote