View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2113
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
I don't think anything pleases you. Two years ago you were complaining about NCFOM winning an Oscar. That was the epitome of no fluff. I got nothing like what you got from The Hurt Locker. It was a balls to the wall look at soldiers who deal with EID's in Iraq. What are you talking about?

I have not seen A Serious Man, yet.
NCFOM is one of my favorite films. And I never complined about it winning the Oscar, I just didn't get it the first time I saw it, partially because the theater I saw it in had crappy sound and crappy soundproofing. Partially because it is a movie you need to see more than once.

And If you didn't see the slanted message at the end of Hurt Locker you were to caught up in the explosions. "The 'Good Soldiers' don't want to be here. Only the psycho's with personality issues, want to be in Iraq." "Good people still hate the war even if they are soldiers, and if you like being a soldier, it's because you are an adrenaline junkie who can't even function in society."