View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Your unprovable opinion. With respect to the "miracle" I disagree totally with. Who can know what players may have liked to hitch their wagon up to the Mavs if they truly trying to win instead of gutting the team. It's unknowable.
Isn't this entire discussion completely hypothetical and therefore speculative and "unprovable?" Let's not act like I'm the only one speculating here. For nearly a year now all I've heard from most Mavs fans is constant bitching about how horribly stupid it was to let Tyson Chandler go... how this team would have steamrolled through the competition right back to the finals... how we were practically entitled to a repeat.

Everything in sports is speculation and outright guessing. The Mavs took a series of calculated risks. Those risks didn't pay off (at least not in the short run) and that sucks. But I still maintain that the Mavs had almost nothing to lose in trying.

Quote:
But we do know where we are right now. A mediocre team that will maybe make 7th and get beat in the first round, probably. Then do it all over again. SSDD
And with Chandler we'd be in the exact same boat. Maybe we're the 5th seed instead of the 7th seed. But there I go speculating again...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote