View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #34
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I don't see Deng as unlikely at all, I really don't think he will sign a extension unless they are willing to give up 14 mill+ per year which I doubt chicago will do

I think they will re-sign Deng, and then unload either Boozer or Gibson next summer. That will allow them to stay under the luxury tax. And it makes more sense to keep Deng rather than Boozer or Gibson. If the Bulls fail to unload either of them, then they'll just trade away Deng himself next summer so they'll at least get some assets back.

Of all the options the Bulls have available, letting Deng walk for nothing makes the least sense. Iguodala and Josh Smith's contracts have already set the market for Deng. I don't think the Bulls will have any trouble getting him to accept ~$14M.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote