Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #166
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Attention office kissup:

Yes we just moved to a swank new building. Yes most of the people in the elevator with me every morning are wearing suits. Yes I feel a bit out of place in my jeans and polo shirt.

But you know what? That's still our dress code. They haven't changed it, and here's hoping they don't.

If you want to bring your game up a little, fine. Business casual is cool. But a tie?!?!? An effing tie????

Our freaking CEO doesn't wear a tie!

You sir, need to wipe the brown off your nose, immediately.

p.s. I realize a lot of you will read this and wonder what the big deal is. But seriously, neither our CEO nor any of our VP's are EVER in anything more than slacks and golf shirts for non special occasions. In our old building we wore shorts and flip flops (well some of us "young people" wore flip flops) on fridays, and jeans and tshirts quite a bit.
boo! If you are going to enforce a uniform, go all out and dress up. I hated it when my company went from business to business casual Fridays to business casual every day. I quit and moved on. If I'm gonna devote my life to corporate america, I wanna get to wear a freakin tie out of the deal. Man, if a bunch o' slackers tried to pressure me into wearing flip flops, I'da drove my car through their mailbox!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote