View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #2771
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Who are these NBA analysts who honestly believe that these Dallas Mavericks are inferior to those of last year or even the year prior?

A team which lacked its best player for 29 games and an additional 6 games with him as a starter managed to finish with a .500 record. Can we count on Dirk playing all 82 games this season? I doubt it, but I expect him to miss far fewer games this year.

The front court last season appeared to lack confidence in itself. I don't see confidence being an issue with Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis, and Devin Harris.

At center we lacked any defensive presence with size. We have at least Dalembert this year to fill that hole.

I understand that the Mavericks are not the only team to improve this offseason, but I think they've improved far more than they've been given credit for. They are definitely not 11 games worse than last year. They are quite possibly 11 games better though.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote