View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Quincy Carter is the Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chicago JK
Good. Quincy is the best option for this team right now. Although Quincy is not the long term answer. I am not a big Quincy fan and I may be wrong on this.

Hutch's time is not now. I am glad he is not starting the season. He is not ready yet, and he may not be the answer in the future either. The Cowboys are very limited on offense and will not be a good team this year. I feared Hutch would be completely thrown to the curb if he started this year without being ready while getting off to a rocky start and being 1-4. The Dallas media and fans are a tough bunch to please. Let him continue to get his reps in during practice and maybe by week 9 or 10 he may be more ready if this team is out of the playoff picture. Hutch will get a chance later on the year to determine if we need a get a qb next offseason. I am pretty confident Quincy is not the long term answer and it is too early to make that dertermination on Hutch.

I don't want to make a huge debate out of this but i'm just curious to how is Quincy not the future of this team but its too early to kknow if Hutch isn't? They both have struggled. The only difference between the two is that one has one year on the other. I agree Hutch was just thrown in there. He should've had a vet to teach him the game especially from coming out of baseball rather than coming out from college football. I think the said can be said about Carter. He has had the same o-line that Hutch has and he has had to learn all of the playbooks and different offenses just like Hutch has.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote