Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #82
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Honestly not sure if Harris is here next year with that partial guarantee. And I think even if we get Fultz he's going to come off the bench to start his career. The only time I really see rookie pg's start are for teams that have fully embraced a rebuild(multiple years). I'm still not convinced this isn't going to be just a 1 year "organic tank" and then back to free agency plans as usual. We are set up in a way that we could have under 10m cap space or over 30m cap space. But I do think that they will try to sign the players they target to be competitive first, and if they can't sign them then we might see them fully rebuild which Fultz would likely start then.

And while the topic of the starting 5 is up, I would like to say that a perfect fit to me for the Mavs in free agency next year is Serge Ibaka. He can play small 5 against teams today and he can be a stretch 4. So he spaces the floor, he can switch defenders well, and he adds some shot blocking. He can also roll to the rim well so in a pnr heavy offense he could roll or pop making him pretty good for this offense more than likely. He's also 27 and fits in well with Barnes age where he's not so young that he needs to learn how to win but not so old that the window is a short time. I'd be on the door for Ibaka instead of chasing some inevitable pipe dream of BG32 or something that we will probably try.
Fine with me but we've been down the road of trying to convince free agents to come play in Dallas.